It could be your prescription glasses or your computer glasses; they are made better by coating their lenses with an anti-glare or anti-reflective (AR) coating. Most people view it as a coating that makes the lenses easier to clean and maintain as no oil, water, or dirt can stick to the lens because of it. However, it has far more benefits attached to it. Let’s check out a few of the benefits of anti-reflective coatings on glasses.
- The first benefit of this coating is better visual clarity. The coating can significantly eliminate glare as well as improve the quantity of light passing through the lens. It is for this reason anti-glare glasses for computers are strongly recommended.
- Another leading benefit of AR coating is its cosmetic perk. Due to this coating, other people do not see any reflection in your glasses. This gives a clearer view of your eyes. You appear more photogenic and are also able to make a better eye-contact.
- The coating increases the durability of the lenses as well. It is because the coating makes the lens more resistant to scratches and smudges. Thus, you start saving money as you change the lens less frequently.
- The coating is easily strengthened to protect against the harmful blue light emitting from the computer screens or the ultra-violet rays from the sun. Due to this, your eyes get protected from digital eye-strain, eye-fatigue, dry and irritable eyes, headache, eye-sore, etc. Thus, they are recommended while working on computers, watching television, and even working or playing on your smartphone.
- The AR coating is also known to improve the night vision.
Given the benefits; you must always opt for lenses which have an anti-glare coating. The coating works well on both prescription glasses as well as computer glasses. It has monetary, health as well as cosmetic benefits which you can take full advantage of.