Morning routines for most, start the same. Beep, beep, beep! The sound of your morning alarm goes off telling you it’s time to rise and shine. You quickly hop in the shower, get dressed, complete a morning beauty routine and then grab a sack lunch on your way out the door.
For most of you, your morning routine will take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour in a half of time each day. Not very efficient if you ask us! That’s why this post is all about how to simplify your morning routine so you have more time for beauty rest or to supplement some of your saved time for a quick fitness fix.
How to save time getting ready each day
Go permanent — An easy way to cut time on your morning routine is to invest in getting permanent makeup. Common permanent makeup solutions include:
- Permanent lip liner
- Permanent eyeliner
- Permanent eyebrows
Regardless of which permanent makeup solution you decide is right for you, you can choose a shade that matches your desired results. For instance, if you wear light pink lipstick each day with a nude or pink liner, you can have your permanent lip liner tattooed in the same hue.
Each of these permanent makeup solutions is performed similar to getting a tattoo — via a needle and ink. Unlike a tattoo, the ink is injected into top layers of your skin and the lifetime of your ink does not last as long as a tattoo.
Invest in silicone — A huge hype in the beauty world these days are the benefits of switching from sponge applicators to silicone ones. Some of those benefits include:
- Wastes less product
- Spending less per month on cosmetics
- Using one product for multiple purposes
Evaluate morning to night needs — Another simple tactic to simplify your morning routine is to decide which items you currently do in the morning that can be done at night.
- Packing your lunch — this can easily be done the night before instead of in the morning to save you time. Plus, if you end up running late one morning you’ll still have a cost-effective lunch instead of being forced to eat out.
- Planning your outfit — this to can be done the night before.
- Applying masks or special creams — if your beauty routine includes applying masks to your face or areas of your body, you should be doing these in the evening instead of spending time on them in the morning.
Automate — If you need a cup of coffee or an espresso before you can function for the day, invest in an automatic coffee maker so your coffee is made and ready for you without you needing to lift a hand.
Use timers — Something you may not have thought of, is using timers in the morning. This can simplify your day by keeping you on track.
Which of these tactics will you use to simplify your morning routine? We want to hear in the comments below!